Thursday, June 21, 2012

Te Reo Maori


At the moment my class has been learning about Te Reo Maori colours and shapes. I think my goal for Maori is to speak more fluently. I did my work on a hexagon, Here it is!

He aha tenei?  
He aha tenei. Means What is this.
He tapaono tena. Means That is a hexagon.
Homai te tapaono. Means Pass me the hexagon.  
anei.Anei in maori means here you go. 
kia ora. thank in Maori is kia ora or ka pai.
He tapaono whero. Means a red hexagon.
Homai  te tapaono kowhai.  Means Pass me the yellow hexagon.



Hexagon


Here is a list of Te Reo Maori colours.
Ma white
Manu, Pango black
Kikorangi blue
Kakariki green
Kowhai yellow
Kiwikiwi gray
Tawa purple
Parauri brown
Whero red
Mawhero pink





If you know the answer in Te Reo Maori to the question leave on comment. 




Anei

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post Olivia!

    I think you are achieving your goal to speak te reo more fluently. Your audio recordings are very clear.

    ReplyDelete