Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The cricket ball


The Cricket Ball.

I can hear the crowd was shouting out, “Go Black Caps.” I saw these black shirts. I am guessing it’s the Black Caps.  My heart was pounding and the sun was beating down on my face. I am a cricket ball. I am so scared. The bowler is just about to bowl me. They are spinning me through their fingers. Their sweating hands are making me hot and the seem is starting to have less grip. The bowler is just starting their run up, coming to the crease. Then I start to get dizzy. I am a Ferris wheel going round and round.

I was getting bowled by Ben Hilfenhaus from Aussie. He is a great bowler. Hilfenhaus bowls it to  Ross Taylor, he smashes it for six. A great sweep shot.I bounced in the grandstand, “Ouch, “Donk, Eehhh.” That hurt. Now it’s the second ball,it’s a fast ball on middle stump. Then Taylor smacks it for four, that's ten runs already. Hilfenhaus rubs me on his pants my red leather starts to wear. The sun is beaming down on the pitch. Hilfenhaus bowls again this time it is another really very fast ball.Taylor misses it and it goes into the wicket keeper hands lucky he didn't nick it otherwise he would be out.

     When Hilfenhaus gets the ball back, he tells the umpire that the ball is starting the wear. The  umpire calls for a new ball. That's the end of me I guess,”Good luck.” I called to the other cricket ball. It didn't answer me. I don’t think it heard me. For a little while I watch the other ball getting smashed. It is quite funny to watch. The other ball s getting more smashed then I was. At the end of the Black caps batting I couldn't see or hear the other cricket ball. Then I saw Ross Taylor come in with a black pen. I guess that the cricket ball had being thrown into the crowd with Ross’s autograph. The poor other cricket had been thrown into the crowd and some lucky crowd member had got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment