Friday, November 2, 2012

Wonder chapter: The big question

Why do I have to do this I mean like Mr Tushman is a nice guy but why does he have to get us in from our holidays to show this kid around. Mr Tushman said that this guys name is August. Does that mean his birthday is in August?

As we walk in to Mr Tushman's office August doesn't say "Hi" or anything he just looks down at his shoes with his hair flopping down covering his face. Mr Tushman put a fake grin on his face, and then an miserable smile it looks really weird. We don't have to be mind readers but we know what that face means. Look after him or... yeah you know.

I flick my long blond white hair over my face and then back again that's just what girls do if they nervous. August is ugly, Not to hurt his feelings. The guy looks pretty nervous hiding his face away. I think he just feels like everyone is going to tease him.

Jack-Will and Julian are whispering about August. Then Mr Tushman gives them that look. They quickly stop. I feel so sorry for the kid. I know how he feels. Julian and Jack-Will take the lead taking August to the Cafe. I stay back with August. I say hi. He mumbles a hi back. His face is ugly but I can take it. He is just an ordinary  kid to me. I think I just need to know some more things about him.

“Here is the cafe,” Jack-Will mumbled out of his mouth. “Here is the science room. Do you want to have a look inside August?” I asked August. August nodded his head in agreement.  “Here is the library August, go and have a look at the books,” I told August, but he had already started.
I showed him the books that I like. Then he showed me the books that he liked. It was mostly Star wars books, he also likes comic books.

After we show him the all of the things in the school we were about to turn back to Mr Tushman's office when I say to the boys, " Boys we haven't showed him his new home class. " "Oh sorry what room is it," the boy shout back at me. " It's 301 dum dums," I wanted August to think I am cool and I can control the boys.  

Now that we are on our way to classroom 301 the boys stayed behind us we sped up a little. Classroom 301 is on level 3 which is a long way from the library. August and I got to room 301 before the boys which is good so them I can show him around the place a little before the boys come in.  



No comments:

Post a Comment